Ashley House Consulting Ltd offers help to clients in the following fields of human performance:
- performance management
- organisational development
- change implementation
Ask any CEO which HR “lever” is most fundamental to corporate success and most will unhesitatingly reply “performance management”. So why are only 5% of managers satisfied with their own company process? How can an organisation reengineer its approach to PM to make it less the process that everyone loves to hate and more the mechanism that drivers superior achievement and commitment?
Our interventions help managers to:
- align individual objectives with corporate priorities
- identify meaningful measures of performance that drive motivation
- shift the emphasis from paper driven bureaucracy to performance
- recover performance which is below expectations
- build capability in coaching and feedback skills
Organisational Development (OD)
OD is a term increasingly bandied about in organisations, so why is it so hard to get a straight answer about what it means?
Peel back the layers that make up the OD “onion” and you will find a desire for improved organisational effectiveness at the centre.
OD is about helping an organisation evolve from A to B by taking a planned approach that looks at the whole rather than any individual piece.
Our support for clients in this area includes:
- aligning reward and recognition practices with corporate imperatives
- enabling leaders to model and drive the change they want to be
- reinforcing desired changes to organisational culture
- equipping managers with change implementation capabilities
“It must be considered that there is nothing more difficult to carry out,
nor more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to handle,
than to initiate a new order of things”.
Anyone who bears the scars of making change happen in organisations will doubtless smile knowingly when they read Machiavelli’s words, but with so much apparent sophistication in project management tools and processes, why do so many business critical change programmes fail to deliver the required return on their investment?
Organisations viewing change as a rational and logical process through which reason and common sense will prevail are doomed before they start! Initiating and sustaining change is a highly complex and unpredictable process that creates by definition disturbance and resistance.
Our practical and business driven approach helps clients mitigate these barriers systemically, enabling them not only to reap the immediate rewards of change programmes but also to build their own long term and self sufficient change capability.
In particular, we help:
- assess the climate for change by helping organisations learn from implementation history
- generate and sustain change sponsorship
- develop end user readiness and capability
- reinforce desired behaviours
- prioritise communication and action